Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CHICAGO

We headed to Chicago for the weekend (the U of U football game) with just the 2 of us!

Friday we started early and walked all day seeing as much as we could. On the plane ride out to Chicago I read this book, my father-in-law gave me and made a list of everything that I thought we should see. The drawing is of my girls. E gives us a pic of her and M when we go away so we won't forget them. We carried it around with us. She also drew a pic of us so she wouldn't forget us. Oh how we missed them!
We started with breakfast at...Ann Sathers. Need I say more? Sooo yummy!



We took the tour at the top of the Hancock Tower (we had heard from everyone that it was better than the Sears Tower). I was so glad that we did that at the beginning of our day because it helped me to know where things where.

We even got a chance to clean the windows!

If you ever go to Chicago you have GOT TO TRY Garretts Popcorn. It is amazing. I crave it all the time, now. Try the Chicago mix. You wont be disappointed - just make sure you have baby wipes handy! It is messy but worth it.

Chicago River and Millennium Park

The BEAN - We had a blast taking picturs of ourselves in the bean. It is so big!


On the Chicago Tribune building they have chunks of stone from all 50 states and various famous places from all around the world.

The Water Tower and the EL
U of U vs. Notre Dame (let's try not to remember this game). What an amazing campus. Everyone was so NICE. We met up with some friends. They gave us the best tour of the campus and we even got to tailgate with them and their darling family. Thanks Cameron and Sarah!

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Sooooo yummy. Thanks, Kelly and Gini, for the advice on what to see or not see, for great food (Check her blog. She is an amazing cook Iwanttobeagourmetchef.blogspot.com), a place to stay, and getting me hooked on Garretts!
WE HEART CHICAGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment